Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm Determined to Make Myself Better

My health has been a challenge. I think my weight is the main cause of it too. I was really sick and went in for a doctor's visit not too long ago. I did some blood work and the results were not very pleasing to hear. My A1C was 6.6, a little high, although my glucose was 95. Something's wrong with my liver in association with my glucose reading. The doctor told me I might be glucose intolerant and have a fatty liver. She also asked me whether I had a cold when I went and did the blood work. She found some type of infection, but I guess she doesn't know where. Furthermore... she asked whether or not there was a family history of arthritis or lupus in my family, and I told her no. Blood work came back and said there might be something going on there too. I definitely have plantar fasciitis. My heel hurts so bad... it's going to take months to heal. She wants me to lose 2 pounds a week, eat more healthy, exercise... But I am determined to make myself better. It's what I'm focused on now.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nursing student, Certified Nursing Aid